Trevor is a barrister and multi-qualified construction professional with over 35 years’ construction industry experience. He is a chartered surveyor, chartered construction manager and project management professional. He has in depth knowledge and practical experience of construction cost and project management having worked for national/international construction companies and consultancies on projects including roads and other infrastructure, power stations, prison, defence, industrial, commercial office, retail leisure, Olympic sports, education, private and social housing residential projects. He is therefore a “go to” specialist concerning property, construction and engineering projects and a wide range of built environment disputes.
Trevor has also been appointed by international law firms as an expert witness on quantity surveying and construction and project management matters including professional negligence. This breadth of experience is a valuable asset to his construction, engineering and property clients.
He has considerable experience in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) having represented numerous parties in statutory adjudications. Trevor is a panel adjudicator and accredited mediator. Trevor has also project managed distressed projects to satisfactory conclusion and management of the client’s claims team.
Trevor’s clients have included construction companies, sub-contractors, local authorities, housing associations, property developers, consultancies and global energy companies. He has experience of the main standard forms of contract used by property, engineering and energy clients.
Trevor is qualified to accept instructions under Direct Public Access
Additional areas of specialism
- Construction, Engineering, Energy and Infrastructure
- Property Defects
- Housing and Commercial Property
- Professional Negligence
- Landlord & Tenant
- Alternative Dispute Resolution – representing parties in adjudication proceedings under the Housing, Grants, Construction & Regeneration Act 1996 (as amended).
- Bar Vocational Course (Very Competent)
- Graduate Diploma in Law
- ADR Group Accredited Mediator
- MBA in Construction and Real Estate
- Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management
- Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Building and Chartered Construction Manager
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Member of the Society of Construction Law
- Member of the Adjudication Society
Committees, Boards and Memberships
- Resolex panel member
- Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Joiners and Ceilers of the City of London
- Freeman of the City of London
- Chairman of The Consultant Quantity Surveyors Association
- Chairman of The Chartered Institute of Building Bristol Hub
- Former Board Member of the Chartered Institute of Building Faculty of Architects and Surveyors
- Former Chartered Institute of Building Contracts and Procurement Committee Member
- Former Chartered Institute of Building Scholarships Committee member
- Former Chartered Institute of Building Research & Innovation Vice Chairman
- Past Chairman of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors Beds & Herts Branch
- Vice Chairman of the Western Counties Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
Trevor has had numerous articles on construction contract and related issues published in the construction media. He is a co-author of NEC 3 Compared and Contrasted 2nd Edition. He is a Member of the Chartered Institute of Building Time Management Working Group and contributor to the CIOB publication “Guide to Good Practice in the Management of Time in Major Projects” first and second editions.
Conferences, seminars & workshops
Trevor has presented at national conferences, solicitor events, training seminars, plus lectures and presentations to students at a number of universities and for professional bodies in the UK and internationally. He has also facilitated numerous workshops for collaborative contracts.